I had the pleassure to interview my classmate Dianella. Below are the answers to some of the questions that I presented her with.
Name: Dianella A. Gómez D.
1. Could you please define Engineering in your own words?
R: An engieer desings implements all kinds of projects/proceses.Engineering is the capacity to create and proproduce solutions. Engineers identify problems, analyze and look for opportunities to improve machines, processes, etc.Engineering is the field that allows us to study and apply the technology to improve the quality of our lives.
2. What influenced you to pursue Electronics engineering, industrial ingeneering, computer science engineering or informatics engineering?
R:Industrial engineering - The opportunity to learn different disciplines related to engineering. The ability to produce and transfrer energy.
3. Could you please describe the educational process required to become an Engineer?
R:Initially engineers need to learn basic subject that would allow engineers to perform special evaluations. Algebra, Maths, differential equations, physics, chemistry, etc. One of the areas of studies that I enjoyed the most, were the lab courses because they give you a more hands or applied approach to learning.Later the engineers have the opportunity to take elective to learn specifics on different areas of interest.
4. What are the skills you need to be a good engineer?
R:It helps to be good at math, physics and logical and critical thinking. Understanding how processes flow and cause-effect mind frame.
5. What job considerations were you looking for after you completed your education?
R:I will consider a job in safety and environment areas, management of the quality, design engineering, process evaluations, economics and optimization.
6. What's something of your school life that you enjoy the most?
R:Diversity of people (one of the things that i enjoy the most is sharing with my friends), the lab courses, and I also enjoyed some of my professors a great deal.
7. from your perspective, what is the most difficult part of being an engineering student?
R:Not enought time to learn what I would like.
8. What are your plans for the future?
R:Continue evolving in my career and obtain a job in the engineering field.
9. Point out your most personally gratifying moment in Engineering school.
R: When I aproved Geometry with 10 and Thermofluids with 12, I felt that was the most espectacular and gratifying experience ever.
10. Why would you recommend Engineering as a career?
R: This allows you to be creative, to learn on every project, to improve processes, to create more profits.I would only recommend it to those students that have a passion for problem solving and for making our world a better place to live in.
If you want to know more about dianella, visit her blog at: